Job Type: Demolition
This project consisted of the demolition of the former Tyrone County Hospital.
MCB Civils work consisted of the following elements:
- ACM (licenced) removal/disposal
- Soft stripping of the existing structure to remove all fixtures, furniture and fittings
- Removal of all asbestos containing materials
- Demolition of all Buildings/Units
- Site clearance and disposal works
- Slate removal and salvage
- Brick removal and salvage
There was a total of 22 Separate buildings/Units throughout this project that needed demolished. MCB Civils provided all plant & labour required in order to deliver the project. Firstly, the soft strip demolition of all buildings internally which consisted of furniture, fixtures and fittings then the asbestos removal works took place. All asbestos identified in the client’s survey was removed before the initial demolition works could take place. Once the building was declared safe the Mechanical demolition works of all buildings could commence. Throughout the works MCB salvaged slates brick and historic artefacts. Demolition works were completed and removal of all ground floor slabs and foundation. Waste removal skips were placed at the rear of the site in order to easily remove the waste resulting from the demolition. All materials were separated on site and loaded to its correct facility. All rubble crushed was stockpiled on site for re-use.